Google Assistant was launched last year in 2017. It initially was rolled over only for Google Pixel Handsets. Then in the first quarter of 2017 Google announced it for all the android devices running Android 6.0 Marshmallow and above versions. Later the company extended its support to all Android 5.0 Lolipop devices. Google Assistant commands are used to control the Google Assistant
Google Assistant is Google’s Artificial Intelligence-based service. It has been pretty powerful since its debut. Throw a command at it and it would answer the query or perform the action whatsoever is required without any delay. It is very conversation friendly, no conversation feels like you are talking to a robot.
So to make it easy for everyone to use Google Assistant we have compiled some of the commands for the users.
Google Assistant Commands
- Open [App name].
- Open [Website name] or Go to [website name].
- Take a selfie or Take a picture.
- Turn on flashlight.
- Take a screenshot.
- Turn on/off [Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, NFC].
- Increase/decrease volume.
- Turn on/off silent mode.
- Set volume to [number].
- Increase/decrease brightness.
- Call [Contact name].
- Call [Contact name] on speakerphone..
- Call the nearest [place].
- Send Email to [Contact name] Subject [your text] Message [your text].
- Show Emails from [contact name].
- Post to Twitter [Message].
- Send a WhatsApp message to [contact name].. [message].
- Post to Facebook [Message].
- Play [Song name].
- Play [Song name] on [App Name].
- Play [Playlist name] on [App Name].
Using Google Maps
- Take me home.
- Take me to work.
- What’s the traffic on the way to work?
- Give me directions to [name of the place].
- How far is [address, city, or other location]?
- Walking directions to [name of the location].
- Where is [name of the location]?
- Set an alarm for [time] or Set a repeating alarm for [time].
- Wake me up at 7:30 am every day this week.
- Turn off the alarm.
- Show me my alarms.
- When is my next alarm?
- Add [event name] at [event time] to my calendar.
- Show me my calendar events.
- When is my first meeting tomorrow?
- Show my agenda for today, tomorrow or this week.
Games and Fun
- What sound does [animal name] make?
- Roll a die
- Flip a coin
- Play me ocean sounds
- Drop a beat
- Let’s play a game
- Let’s play trivia
- Test my math skills or Talk to math quiz
- Sing me a poem
- Sing a song
- Tell me a story
- Count sheep
- Play crystal ball
- Play Lullabies for [time]
- Sing Happy Birthday
- Give me a [type of] quote.
I hope we have covered a good number of commands for our daily use. Still, if I missed any of them let us know in the comment section below.